Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy is the person who cherishes the precious lessons of the past and lives vigorously in the present.

I am appreciating every moment more than ever before in my life. Every Friday, I cheer that the week is over. Every month I lament that the year is going by too fast. Every time I see the children or grandchildren accomplish something, I am amazed and wonder how so much time has passed without my notice.
Now that I am over 50 years old, I find myself wondering about time.
How much time do I have left?
Time to do things I've planned while I have health to do it...
There's no time for pettiness or ugly thoughts about others... only time to generously love.
Even though time has not been my friend when I look in the mirror, I embrace time as a sweet companion that will carry me through this mortality and into the next realm.

No comments: