Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Michael" means "One Who is Like God."

I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting today and to share things about Michael serving a mission. I chose to share his testimony from his e-mails. It was very powerful.
I began by saying that it's nice to see Michael grow and learn and become more like God... like the meaning of his name.
I also told about the tornadoes, about one of his companions being taken away at gunpoint, about the investigator they blessed whose large tumor was completely gone when he went in to the next Dr. appointment.
I shared some of the insites Michael shared in his letters, and one of the letters I received from a family there about the impact he is making on people's lives there.
I could have easily spoken for 20 minutes, but there were other people on the stand waiting their turns.

It's also been great to hear that he is using magic and music in his work. It's also fun to glimpse his sense of humor; although I didn't tell them about the pictures below that Michael sent me...








Well, that's my son..... :) Super!

No comments: