Sunday, January 15, 2012

Good Things to Remember!

I am grateful for a selective memory!
Sometimes familial hurts pop back into my mind, but I refuse to entertain them there.
There are SO MANY GOOD THINGS TO REMEMBER!
Time goes by too fast to waste one moment thinking anything but thoughts of praise to God, and love for His children!

One of those wonderful moments was today. Chloe Katherine Potter was blessed in Provo. Those there were: Patty and Robert Caegle; Rob, Julie, Chloe, Julia, Lisa, Ruby, Laura, Ally, Norah, John, Kathy, Lila, Mia, Vaughn, Adam, Robbie, Katie, Madalyn, Barbie, Yilka, Matt, Me, Emma, Kristina, Sarah, Matthew, Dave, Mary; Shay, Nick, Reagan, Ken and Tammy Hansen. (Becca and William were there for the blessing, but had to leave before the picture.)



I wrote out the blessing... it was truly beautiful! How wonderful it was for Dave to stand in the circle with his brother-in-law, nephew, and sons to participate in such a sweet ordinance.

Dave has not been feeling well, so I was particularly glad that he felt well enough to be there.

One other sweet thing happened... A granddaughter that doesn't know who I am came up to me and introduced herself. "Hi. I'm Ally!" I smiled and said, "I know. They call me Grandma Lynn." I proceded to look for gum in my purse for another granddaughter. When I could not find any, I drew out a couple of shiny "magic pennies" and distributed them instead. It was truly a magical moment for me.


Welcome sweet little one. I'm Grandma Lynn, and I am one of many who love you!






Welcome to the family Chloe! You have so many people that love you!

Julie looks so good after having a C-Section only 10 days ago!

Shay, Nick, Ken and Tammy. We love them so much! It was great to see them!

Emma and Grandma Lynn chatting about how wonderful her blanky is!

Yep. Emma Grace Potter loves her blanky!

Little Lila Zollinger is growing so fast! She is already 18 months old!

Matthew's teeth keep falling out! What are we going to do with him!

Vaugh breaks out with a hug for Robbie! Reagan, Emma and a friend are just about to join in!

Ally is explaining the game to Mia and Emma.

Robbie and Vaughn have tireless energy as they circle a tree in the chasing game.


Sarah, Ally, Mia, Mary and Norah are enjoying cousin-time.

Matthew is teasing Vaughn by asking him to look at something on the ground.

Aunt Tammy listens intently to Matthew.

It looks like soccer helped Mary and Tyndale be fast runners!

It's great to have family around, but I think it's time to go home now...

No comments: