Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not My Doggie!

I happened to look at the blinking light on our phone that signifies waiting messages. I was confused when I heard a police officer asking David to come out of the house and threatening that it is against the law to not respond to a police officer!
I retreived the phone number and called the officer back. It was a woman this time, and she insisted that we had a large dog that we would not put on a leash, that David or our son, refused to give her our address information, and that she would be right over.
It was all a misunderstanding, of course. We had been at church and that's why we didn't answer the door when she was knocking on it. She had the wrong address.
By entering our back yard, she was able to determine which house it was, and went to discuss things with the correct family.

It left me thinking, though. I am glad that I can be found doing the right things at the right times.

After church, we stopped by a neighbor's house with flowers, card and balloon in hands. Last night, I had noticed a fire truck parked in front of their house. Dave and I went over there to find Frank's wife being taken care of by paramedics. She had fallen down the stairs and knocked herself out as she hit her chin. She was out cold when he found her. Frank was a nervous wreck. She was in a lot of pain, and he was so worried. Dave drove him to the hospital as I followed in our car.
Thank the Lord; Kate will be alright, nothing is broken.

No comments: