Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just What I Needed to Hear!

Every spring and every fall I find myself glued to a TV screen listening intently with my ears and with my soul for instruction... What is the "To Do List" the Lord has for me for the next 6 months?

It is also a time for me to practice the principle of "Return and Report" about how things went with my previous list...

My personal instructions and messages are just that, personal; but here are a few gems and inspirational tidbits I enjoyed that I thought I'd share:

Str. Thompson - I didn't keep my testimony during those difficult times, my testimony kept me.


Jose' Alonso - Service... do the right thing at the right time without delay.


Boyd K. Packer -- Take the advice from an old crow... The youth are being raised in enemy territory. Listen to the voice of the Spirit and you will not be led astray.


Pres. Uchtdorf -- Compared to God we are nothing, but to God we are everything!

He... the most powerful being in the universe is your Father. He sees you as who and what you can and will become with His help.

Always retain in your rememberance His work and glory.


Niel A. Anderson -- Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.

Ian S. Arden -- Time is never for sale, but has immeasurable value.

I say, "Time is the great equalizer!"


Carl B. cook -- Look up to God and live! Releasing burdens to Christ is like releasing a hellium balloon... Feel the joy!


Todd Christofferson -- Not only abandon sin, but commit to obedience. Repentance requires the burning of bridges in every direction except the one true path.


Pres. Eyring - Drink often and deeply from the pages of the Book of Mormon.


Robert D. Hales - Wait upon the Lord through tests and trials.


Tad Callister - The Book of Mormon re-enthrones the revelatory nature of God.


Elaine Dalton - Be a guardian of virtue.


Russell M. Nelson - Children of the Covenant
Dallin H. Oaks - What Think Ye of Christ?
Randall K. Bennett - The Gift of Choice

You can't make eternal choices without there being eternal consequences.


Pres. Monson - Keep the gospel at our cores, and the love of the Savior in our hearts.

Promise that as communicate daily with Father, He will answer.
Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us.

No comments: