Thursday, December 2, 2010

Setting off the Airport Alarms!!

Okay, so if I dose off while typing this, it's the medication I am taking. Actually, I've already dosed off "()" once. I decided not to wait for the ()ward ice-skating party on Saturday. I decided to slip () on the ice in my own driveway. Last Monday, Dave and I got a new car, well it's new to us. I didn't fit in the garage() so I was going to exchange its position with the other car. As I went back to the other car, I began to slip. ()I slipped on some ice, shattered my Fibula and broke my Tibia. Translation: I did a number on my leg near my ankle.

Here's what happened: ()
I was sliding quite fast on a thin sheet of ice on the driveway. My left foot stopped abruptly when the heel of my shoe caught on a section of the concrete that didn't have ice, and where the crack in the concrete was. ()
My foreleg bent backward in a weird way like a noodle. ()
As I tried to regain my balance, I could not, and fell, more like sitting down than anything; ()so I didn't hurt anything else, except perhaps considering the subsequent whiplash.

I brought my leg around to the front of me so I could feel my leg. ()I ran my hand down past my knee only to () feel that the customary straight stiffness of the leg was gone and replaced by a sagging characteristic instead. () After the initial pain and fear, my brain turned it off, and I felt nothing. Everyone was surprised at how calm I was, but it didn't hurt very much, and I knew everything would be alright. I felt a strange peace.

Dave took care of me, preventing me from going into shock. He called 911, and also a friend so they could give me a blessing. Apparently, there were 6 pieces of bone floating around and the other two major bones were all skewampus () and pointing in different directions. I haven't seen the original x-ray yet, but this is the finished () version. ()



10 screws, washers and a plate later, I am guaranteed a personal screening at the security sections of the airports. Goodie! :'/

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I'm glad you are doing better mom, hope you have a good Christmas, love you.