Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks

Each Thanksgiving day, for the past several years, Dave and I have taken whichever children we could bring with us to serve or provide music while a Thanksgiving meal is being served to over 1500 homeless and needy families. It is quite a humbling experience.
This year we were asked to help organize musical numbers throughout the day.


After that, 35 - 40 of us had a fabulous meal at Francine's. It was moving to hear what each person was grateful for as we went around the room. (It took about 20 min!)


Fabulous news! We're expecting another grandbaby next July/August! Something amazing to be thankful for.


It is always fun to share the Christmas spirit.



I love decorating my home for the holidays!




Seventeen children ... seventeen stockings!



We're excited for Christmas.


Most of all, I am thankful for my Savior and for His amazing gift of the Atonement for me. I feel thankful for the beauties of this earth, and that I can actually see to enjoy them. I am wrapped in the warmth of love, testimony and faith. I am grateful for Dave and for our children. Dave is such a tender, generous and sacrificing soul. Noone else knows his heart. I love him for it.
I am thankful for my life, and for what it is because of the gospel. Jesus has made my life magnificent! Thanks be to God for all I have, and all I am!

1 comment:

Brenda Sanders (Hayley's Mom) said...

Lurlynn!!!! I was so glad to get your Christmas letter and card. The one I sent to you came back last year. I am so happy for you!
I love your blog. My kids helped me do one because I am computer dumb. brendasanders.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful Christmas and a great new year!
Love
Brenda