Friday, November 8, 2013

Happiness is a Choice

Sometimes it's hard, but whenever I think of the amazing blessings of my Lord, then it doesn't matter how lonely or overwhelmed I feel... my heart fills with gladness and gratitude.

... and I feel happy...

I look at my sweetheart and think of the love we feel for each other...

... and I feel happy...


Whenever I see someone else whose struggles are more difficult than mine...
I feel compassion for them and gratitude that I don't have to endure their trials...

... and I feel happy...










I look at the mountains, flowers, sunsets, sunrises, clouds, changing leaves, wildlife, butterflies, birds, rabbits, kittens, puppies, or little children...

... and I feel happy...

Sometimes I see smiles on the backs of cars in front of me... It makes me giggle... it makes me smile...

... and I feel happy...

Whenever I hear a baby giggle, take its first steps, smile, or cuddle in my arms... I smile to myself...

... and I feel happy...

When I hear sweet voices shout, "Grandma Lynn!" and feel arms wrap around my knees... my heart swells with love...

... and I feel happy...

I choose to be happy....

No comments: