Thursday, August 1, 2013

Live, Laugh, Love, Learn, Leave a Legacy

I didn't grow up hoping to be abused, divorced, miserable, overweight, or lonely when I finally became an adult. "Happily Ever After..." was expected. It was expected! The path to get there seemed simple and assured. How little I understood.

When people I love are mean to me, I have a choice to make...
1.  I can hold a grudge that will fester and decay my soul.
2.  I can hold in all emotions and push them deep inside, only to have them emerge when there's to much to control the outcome.
3.  I can pretend nothing is happening like an ostrich with its head in the sand.
4.  I can let go and let God take care of it... forgive and let my heart fill with compassion and love instead of resentment. Light instead of bitter darkness.

When people I love continue to be mean to me, it hurts.
But, I still have the same choice to make.
It's not easy, but it is the only way to truly LIVE.
I become free from the chains of hell and can LAUGH at the adversary's pitiful attempts to control me.
I find exponentially increased ability to LOVE everyone, regardless of where they currently are in their own journey.
Each cycle teaches me valuable lessons. I LEARN about who I truly am and what I am capable of becoming. It's amazing!

Now I am attempting to LEAVE A LEGACY. Year at a Glance, Blogging, Facebook, and my personal history volumes.

It's been a long windy road... but I am learning how to be true to myself, my Lord, and my God. I am becoming a new creature in Christ. My heart is comforted and my soul is being healed. Over 50 years, with fewer years ahead of me than are behind me...

FULL STEAM AHEAD!


No comments: