Thursday, April 25, 2013

Joy and Sorrow

What is sometimes sorrow on one side of the veil is joy on the other. For example, death in mortality, is greeted with joy on the other side of the veil.
So, when we must endure sorrow and misery in this life... is there joy on the other side that we are experiencing that which we shouted for joy about in the pre-existance? Joy that we are learning and growing and thus becoming more like our Father? Or is there sorrow on the other side of the veil as our loved ones empathize with our suffering and stand helpless to relieve our pain? Sorrow in heaven?

I wonder...

I know that I have grown in my capacity to love far more because of family members who have been repeatedly cruel and unkind to me. I owe them a great debt of gratitude.

Now, if I can only keep my eyes from leaking whenever my tender heart is hurt.

No comments: