Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life rolls by too swiftly!



What? It's October already???!!!

Bottling grape juice, changing out the 72 hr kits, winterizing the yard, boat and RV, getting out the winter chothes, watching General Conference, driving into the mountains to look at the changing leaves, listening to the thunder from a morning hail storm, bundling up before going outside. . . Even with all of this, I am in total denial! Fall/Winter can't be here yet?!

I love the beautiful colors in the leaves. I adore driving around to look at them. So much so, that even when I am so car sick that I actually, . . . well, you know. Okay, I actually threw up! I was so embarrased. Even though I was that sick, I thoroughly enjoyed the georgeous reds, oranges, and yellows of American Fork Canyon. Just one thing -- WE FORGOT TO BRING THE CAMERA!!! (So, these pictures of American Fork Canyon are off the Internet. I know I cheated, but honestly, it was this georgeous there!)

My Microeconomics class is going well. I got an "A" in my last class -- Marketing. I work hard in each class, and am working toward a Bachelor's degree in business/marketing. I feel a great sense of accomplishment with each class. I still have 10 to go; I feel grateful for Dave's support. The kids laugh at me when I say that I need to go home because I have "homework" to do. They have a lot of fun with that.


I don't regret leaving BYU to be a mom. I am excited that my work is paying for some of this schooling, so I can finally get the degree I have always wanted. Though I will not be a high school band director as I had always hoped, I will be able to advance at my work and rise above where I am now.
I am the administrative assistant for the Vice President of Marketing. Though this gains me a certain amount of respect, I want to be more actively involved in the promotion of our products. I could choose the research end, the sales forecasting, the statistical analysis, or the product management; but I am gravitating toward the promotional end of things. There is a manager who is probably going to retire within the next two years. I hate to say it, but that's the job I would like to be groomed to take over.

We spent some fabulous time with Rob and Jules and the gang yesterday. Dave, David, Rob, and Michael went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, while the ladies and babies went shopping. (Target has some great end of season sales, by the way.)


I LOVE it when little Robbie calls me "Gamma." It sometimes actually sounds a lot like "Emma" and so I probably answer more often than I should. How can I have so much love for such little people that I didn't give birth to?




And then there is little, er uh, big little Norah. 11 pounds 3 oz is a lot for our sweet Lisa to have carried within her! How precious sweet Norah is! I am so excited to see them at Thanksgiving! I am also extremely grateful for modern science. Lisa would not have survived, nor probably Norah either.

We love them each so much!

No comments: